We are a construction company who is looking for an AutoCAD Draftsman. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented and has an extensive background with Aluminum storefront, Curtain Wall, Window systems and the General Construction trade. The successful candidate will also have five or more years of experience in the glazing industry. Engineering knowledge is preferred.
The candidate must be efficient/proficient with AutoCAD 2010 or versions newer. This individual must have five years of experience in the drafting industry (shop/build drawings) and must be able to read, interpret and decipher architectural drawings. Knowledge of fabrication and installation methods pertaining to aluminum systems is a plus.
The candidate must be efficient with Microsoft Office products and be able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task. Team participation is needed. A positive and energetic attitude is welcome. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including fully paid health, dental and vision care, a generous 401k program and flexible hours. For immediate consideration please submit your resume.
Senior Project Manager
Glass and Glazing Construction (Fenestration)
Our company, a highly regarded contractor with over seventy years of experience providing quality commercial construction services, is looking for you! As a result of our continuously growing business, we require a dynamic and highly qualified Project Manager to manage construction projects. This job will be located in Louisville, Kentucky.
The ideal candidate will have proven project management experience in the installation of engineered window systems, glazing and the erection of curtain wall structures for commercial building projects. Other exterior (envelope) building activities would be beneficial such as panel installation, concrete spalling repair, historical renovation, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field) preferred;
- 5-10 years experience in commercial envelope building construction;
- Experience in construction project management with a thorough understanding of the construction process, scheduling, coordination and required communication;
- Established experience, preferably in window systems or exterior building renovation techniques and procedures;
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, reading plans, fabrication, scheduling, ordering material and installation in the commercial glazing industry;
- Establishes work plans, schedules and coordinates completion of the project through staff and subcontractors. Provides managerial oversight;
- Tracking submittals, scheduling and purchasing as well as monitoring quality control and coordinating with Estimators and field superintendents;
- Expertise with tracking software (Prolog or Primavera SureTrak) along with internet based scheduling and reporting to closely monitor the progress of the project at every step of the construction process;
- Develop and maintain owner and client relationships;
- Manage long-term risk on projects. Manage the cost reporting system and accurately forecast costs;
- Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors. Evaluate and interpret all contract documents;
- Manage subcontractors to effectively complete their contractual obligations;
- Self-driven and motivated, must display excellent leadership and communication skills and interactive abilities.
You must comment specifically on 1) your Fenestration experience and 2) your knowledge of Primavera SureTrak or similar tracking software. DO THIS IN YOUR COVER LETTER PLEASE.